Big Eats in Northern California

So I've been in California, unintentionally for three weeks! Unequipped to cook I dined out daily.I have this chain of thought when it comes to dining out: What can I have that is Low Carb? Next what can I have that is Paleo/Primal? Then I choose an option that falls between those (with the occasional drink as you can see). Of course you have to adjust the menu and ask for substitutions & it can be tough eating your eggs when someone next to you is munching down on a buttery croissant. But most importantly it is doable...not to mention quite delicious.

Here are a few of my noms.
From the top left to right:
-California Pizza Kitchen: Pesto penne, asked then to substitute the penne for veggies
-Max's: Not many LC/Paleo options but really delicious food. Prime rib, potato & creamed spinach. I demolished that meat. It was beautiful.
-Armadillo Willy's: Ribs! Chicken! Sausage! Oh my! Potato salad & green salad as sides.
-A Good Morning Cafe: This place is sweet, seems like a local favorite. Veggie scramble, hash browns & link sausage.
-Max's: Bloody Mary. Scrumptious!
-La Bodeguita Del Medio: Refreshing Mojito & Seafood Ajiaco. Ah-maze-ing!
-Joanie's Cafe: Lox, cream cheese & chives omelette topped with hollandaise sauce! A low carbers dream. Pawned the muffin off to my mom. 
-Below are some snacks: figs & water kefir soda at the market outside Max's and some cheese crisps from  World Market.



Comments

Popular Posts