-Jalapenos (approx. 5)
-Cheddar cheese slices (approx. 10 or cheese powder)
-Parmesan (1-2 Tbsp)
-Red food dye (8 or more drops)
1. Slice jalapenos as thin as possible with a knife or mandoline (so they will marinate & dry easily)
2. Marinate sliced jalapenos in lemon & lime juice for 2-24 hrs. Dehydrate until crisp in dehydrator 1-2 hrs. Alternatively you could use your oven at 200F.
3. When jalapenos are finished store in air-tight container and dehydrate cheese slices, broken into quarters. Once the cheese is melted but pliable you'll want to flip them over so they don't get stuck to the tray. This should be done about an half our in. Dehydrate cheese until crisp but not browned.
4. In small batches grind jalapenos & cheese separately in coffee grinder ( high powdered food processor or blender may work also)
5. When both are powdered & sifted to remove clumps, add parmesan & combine. Then proceed with the "cheeto puff" recipe HERE (with the addition of red food dye in the batter).
When the puffs are cooled lightly coat them with cooking spray, sprinkle "Cheeto" dust & toss in a bag to coat evenly. Enjoy!
Note: Come check out my Youtube channel for more food related content: Rei Foodie