Year Round Russian Salad

This by far is one of my favorite dishes to eat. It bursts with flavor, it's crisp, crunchy, salty & briney, I can't get enough of it! I can easily eat the whole serving in one sitting. My boyfriend introduced me to this mouthwatering salad & I was hooked. It uses ingredients that readily available year round so you can joy it whenever you please. Not sure if it's an authentic Russian dish or not but the flavor profile seems to fit.  He's said it's called Russian Salad, so I'll take his word.  

Russian Salad Serves 2

Ingredients:
-3 Celery Stalks chopped
-1 Small Onion chopped
-1-2  Tomatoes (preferably Roma or vine)
-2 Tbsp Apple cider Vinegar
-Fresh Dill (Optional)
-Sea Salt

1. Combine vegetables in a bowl, add vinegar & salt with a heavy hand. Mix well & let sit  for 5-10 minutes before serving. Tastes best when chilled.

Note: I used Cherub tomatoes in the picture because it's what I had on hand but it tastes best with Roma or Vine. Sometimes we add cucumbers too.

Comments

Popular Posts