Currently Reading: Seoul Food & Brodo


Took a trip to the library! I'm automatically drawn to the cookbooks. I always check out the new arrivals first to see whats current. Seoul Food a Korean cookbook stood out to me with it's bright colors. 

Next I found Brodo, a simple seeming book about bone broth. What could this book tell me that I don't already know about the golden liquid of Gods? So I borrowed it.

Seoul Food (a clever play on soul food) by Naomi Imatome-Yun
A vast collection of traditional & modern recipes,135 the cover states. Most of which are quite simple, most without pictures. I do appreciate a book with many pictures. It helps me anticipate the food. While most of the information was repetitive, I did learn some new things about Korean customs. Overall it was a decent book, capitalizing on it's simple yet bold dishes. 

Brodo by Marco Canora
Brodo on the other hand was quite extensive in information. Though very approachable for those not familiar with the Keto/Paleo movement. He discusses the benefits of bone broth & how it aids ones health. It's tantalizing descriptions of broth & add-ins made me salivate. Brodo is the name of the authors service window cafe. Where he sells bone broth exclusively to-go, like a hot cup of coffee would. It's location in front of his restaurant in New York. 

Comments

Popular Posts