Grocery survivors:Tomato Tea cup soup



On this somewhat chilly morning my keto coffee didn't sit so well with me. So I reached for something more soothing and well...avaliable. There weren't many options and cooking didn't call to me. Broth sounded good but I needed a little something extra...

-1 Can/14.5oz Beef Broth ( I used Swanson's 100% natural Beef broth. If you have have better options like bone broth available, please use)
-1 Can/5.5oz Tomato juice from concentrate ( I used Campbells) 
-A splash or two of Worcestershire or Liquid soy or coconut aminos ( Optional, but it gives it a little more depth)
-Shredded sharp cheddar ( I used approx. a cup)
-Cracked Pepper
-Pinch of salt
(The above recipe is for two servings which is 7 Net Carbs)

I made mine in half batches in my big tea cup in the microwave. Combine half of the broth and half of the tomato juice, salt and worcestershire. Heat 35-45 seconds, give it a stir and add 1/2 cup cheese & cracked pepper. Enjoy!



Feel free to be creative with whatever you have on hand. Diced onions, Parmesan, scallions, peppers, whatever you fancy. I often keep canned broth & tomato juice on hand because they make great add-ins to recipes. Also they are a convenient, relatively healthy alternative to juices and other lesser beverages. 

Comments

Popular Posts